Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl



I made this cauliflower rice burrito bowl the other day for dinner. So here we have cauliflower rice, black beans, wilted swiss chard and spinach, shredded chicken breast, topped with homemade guacamole and salsa, with a sprinkle of cheese. This was the first time I made cauliflower rice as a "rice" substitute and I must admit I was a bit skeptical on how it was going to taste and also whether or not it was going to be satisfying. To my surprise it was delicious and even my children loved it! J is the "rice man" so he's the ultimate test when it comes to carb substitutes. He himself was surprised he liked it so much! We kinda
cheated however by adding a few tortilla chips on the side. The kids loved topping their chips with all the goodies. You gotta live a little right?

I adapted a recipe from Joy The Baker. Visit her blog, she has some amazing recipes!