Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Midcentury Bamboo Swivel Chair Makeover

I found these vintage swivel chairs on Craigslist a couple years back and knew I had to have them!
Although the wood was in bad shape, it had good bones so I thought a little TLC can bring them back to life. I only paid $30 per chair. It sat in our yard like this for awhile in this sad sad state. After a few summers here in our new home, we decided that we need to "get on it" and improve our outdoor living space like how we always talked about.
BEFORE
I cleaned, I sanded, gave it a couple coats of paint, and sealed it.
The Behr paint samples you can get for $2.94 for an 8 oz. container was perfect for this project.
Available at Home Depot. I ended up using 2 containers worth.
The cushions I purchased at World Market for $14.99.

AFTER


 One project down of many more to come! Stay tuned....